Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Lord Of the Rings Masterpieces!

























Lord of the Rings Masterpieces card set from Topps! The set focused on the art of the Lord Of the Rings movies. They're sketch cards, so they're all hand drawn and one will come in every box of cards. So far they have been really fun to work on. I'm drawing a couple hundred, so I'll be posting them as I get them
approved. I'd like to hear what people think of these.


Below are some of my Lord of the Rings Masterpiece II sketch cards I drew for the new card set.
The first six I decided to make them sort of look like a comic page if you stuck them together. I drew my favorite seen from the movies. It's the battle between Gandalf and the Balrog.

This is what they looked like before I colored them.

And here's a bunch of pencil sketches












More to come soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to say that these are crazy awesome. Just like you.

Anonymous said...

I'll comment on your face asshole!!!!
Buds.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic work their friend!! I have been a Lotr collector for a long time and since Topps has been getting artists to make sketch cards for both their releases I like yours the best!!! I love the way you draw them kinda cartoonish with the white highlights:) Thanks for making my hobby alote funner! James(aelfwine)

Brent Engstrom said...

Thanks Josh!

Thanks a bunch Chris... I think.

James, I'm glad you like my sketches. Hearing stuff like this, makes it worth the time and work that went into drawing all these cards.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.